Interested in joining Serteens? You’re in the right place!
Who Can Join?
- Serteens is made up of gifted and talented students grade 7-12, and range in age from 12-18 years old.
- New members typically join during 7-9th grade, and remain members through high school graduation. Occasional exceptions have been made for sophomores and juniors.
- Members are welcomed from any schools
Note: Please get in touch with us even if you are not in a gifted and talented program, as we know not all schools in Hawaii offer GT programs now.
We accept other forms of verification, including but not limited to test scores or a letter from your counselor or other adult.
When Can I Join?
We encourage new members to join during 7th, 8th or 9th grade, and the sooner the students join the better.
Some of our leadership seminars are only conducted once every 4-6 years, depending on the availability of seminar presenters who volunteer and come to teach the Serteens.
As for time of year, students are strongly encouraged to join in the spring (March and April) so that they can attend Leadership Camp during the summer.
Failing that, there is a small window to join by September so students can attend our Knights Motivational Camp in the winter.
Even if you fall outside these dates, please contact us – our membership committee works with prospective members year round.
How Can I Join?
If you are interested in joining, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We will answer any questions you may have, provide you with a copy of the application form, and guide you on the next steps.
You can also fill in your information below in the section labeled Membership Forms – and we’ll send you our membership forms and detailed information on the application process.
Benefits of Joining Serteens
- Leadership. Serteens gain valuable leadership and life skills through seminars and activities at camps, guest speeches from community leaders, and opportunities to serve on committees or as officers.
- Friendship. In the Serteen Program, members build lasting friendships with other gifted and talented students from different schools.
- Service. Through their extracurricular community service projects, Serteens have the opportunity to serve mankind, and also give themselves an extra edge when applying for scholarships and college admissions.
- Networking. Serteen members also benefit from contacts through the Serteen Alumni network. As just one small example, we have alumni that have attended a variety of colleges, and in many different majors. For Serteens curious about a particular major or career field, we are often able to find someone to help provide guidance among or alumni. Serteens have met up everywhere from Los Angeles to New York and even taken international trips together. It’s very comforting being able to move to a new city and already have the beginnings of a support network: with former members living across the world, graduates are never far from their Serteens family.
Want More Information?
If you have any questions about joining (either for you, or for someone you know) please click here to get in touch with us – we want to hear from you.
If you want to read more details about the club itself, we have some suggested reading below.
You can start off with a message from our President, then a little about our club’s history – and finally an in depth look at the activities the Serteen members do.